The Port of Newcastle is the largest bulk shipping port on the east coast of Australia and the world’s leading coal export port
The Port of Newcastle at a glance:
- 218 years of commercial shipping.
- Handles more than 25 different cargoes and 2,258 ship visits per annum.
- Total land holdings of 792 hectares.
- 200 hectares of vacant port side land available for development, with significant deep water access.
- Connectivity to national road and rail networks.
- 20 operational berths.
- Main channel depth of 15.2 metres.