Port of Newcastle has recently transitioned to a new induction system and all companies now need to be registered before individual employees are able to be inducted.
Companies can register their own details and maintain vision over which of their employees have been inducted.
If you have been engaged by a Port of Newcastle representative please contact your representative to arrange your company registration. Otherwise see below:
- I have registered in the new system and need to log in
- I need to register my company in the new induction system
- I need to use the Contractor Management portal (download the user guide)
If your employees require access to work on any of the following sites within the Port of Newcastle, they will need to undertake a Port of Newcastle induction.
- Western Basin Berths 3 & 4
- Channel Berth
- Dyke Berths 1, 2 or 6
- Dyke Point
- Kooragang Berths 2 & 3
- Mayfield berth 4
- Mayfield Site
- Kooragang Roads
- 60m Tower (download the port security form)
- Any sites if engaged directly by Port of Newcastle
- Other – confirm with the induction team if unsure
If you are required to complete an induction to access Port of Newcastle sites or need to renew your induction card your employer will need to be registered in our system.
- Please check with your company administrator to find out if your company is registered in Port of Newcastle’s new induction system
- Your company administrator is responsible for issuing you with a password so that you can complete the online induction
In 2018, Port of Newcastle implemented an induction system using third-party provider, Rapid Global. This was to provide a secure, user-friendly and efficient way to safely induct port users to site.
From 1 November 2019, Port of Newcastle will introduce a charge to recover the cost of $42 per person (excluding GST) for a 12-month induction. This brings the Port of Newcastle in line with other ports around Australia, where such costs are recovered.
Port of Newcastle is not responsible for inductions to the sites listed below.
For access to the following locations, please discuss your requirements with the relevant facility. Port of Newcastle does not manage access to these sites:
- Australian Helicopters – 4965 4081
- Mayfield Berth 7 (via Ingall St) – contact Stolthaven on 0418 736 974 or Koppers on 49687345
- Cargill – contact 4928 3875
- Cement Australia – contact 02 4088 3010
- ConPorts – contact 4962 1666
- Dykes Berths 4 or 5 – contact Port Waratah Coal Services on 4907 2352
- Eastern Basin 1 or 2 – contact Patrick on 4962 0600
- Graincorp – contact 4961 8100
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I need to register?
- A current copy of your Public Liability Insurance (minimum of $10 million or $20 million if undertaking works for Port of Newcastle).
- The email address of at least one company that currently engages you to undertake work on site at Port of Newcastle. Your registration cannot be approved without this information.
- If you are a company working directly for Port of Newcastle please contact your Port of Newcastle representative prior to registration.
Who should complete the registration for our company?
- Only one administrator per company can register. This person should be the person responsible for maintaining personnel or training records for your organisation.
- Once your company is approved you can add further administrators.
How will I know if my registration was successful?
- Once you have reached the end of the registration and submitted the form you should receive an email confirming that you have completed the registration. If you do not receive an email please check that you have hit the submit button at the end of the form.
- Port of Newcastle will then review your registration and if approved you will receive email notification. Please allow up to 3 weeks for this process if you are a contractor working directly for Port of Newcastle.
- If there are any issues with your registration we will let you know.
How do our employees get inducted?
- The administrator of your company registration is responsible for adding employees who need to be inducted. The inductions are completed online.
- A User Manual will be emailed upon registration.
What if our employees were inducted through the old induction system?
- As this is a new system, any employees with existing induction cards can continue to access site until the current card expires but they will not be moved to the new system.
What if our company is using a subcontractor?
- Any subcontractors undertaking works for your company on site will need to register their company separately.
- Please do not enter them as inductees under your company unless your company pays their wages directly and covers them for workers compensation.