The Port of Newcastle manages an extensive portfolio of strategic sites and port-side property with significant areas available for lease.
- Land holdings adjacent to a navigable deepwater channel with excellent channel, rail and road connections;
- The SP1 Special Activities zone allows for a variety of port and industrial uses;
- Short and long term leasehold available;
- Close to deep water berths;
- Proactive property management and direct dealing with the Port of Newcastle’s property team;
- Industry leadership in the development of supply chain initiatives, including intermodal and hub facilities;
- Connectivity to national road and rail networks; and
- Access to expanding regional airport.
Property and Trade Short-term Licences
Port of Newcastle welcomes approaches from prospective land side Port users to obtain access to port land and facilities for uses such as cargo assembly/disassembly and storage.
If you would like to apply to Port of Newcastle to enter into a licence arrangement to utilise Port land or facilities, please complete and lodge a Licence Application in accordance with the procedures below.
Please note that these licences are not applicable to stevedoring operations or longer-term property leases.
Please complete the Commercial Details below.
Following submission of your Commercial Details, a Port of Newcastle representative will contact you to discuss your requirements.
If Port of Newcastle is agreeable to granting you a short term licence, you will be provided with a completed PTST Licence for acceptance.
No right or licence to carry on activities at the Port will be granted unless Port of Newcastle has offered you a Property and Trade Short-term Licence and you have accepted it.
Licence Application Form
Please use the form below to apply for a licence
"*" indicates required fields
Licence Terms and Conditions.
The Licence Terms and Conditions (Licence Terms) will comprise:
- The Property and Trade Short-Term Licence, as completed and accepted by the parties; and
- the Standard Property & Trade Short Term Standard Licence Terms (subject to any Special Conditions recorded in the executed Property & Trade Short-Term Licence).
Pursuant to the Licence Terms, licensees are required to comply with the terms of the following operating procedures (as replaced or updated by Port of Newcastle from time to time) and any other procedures notified by Port of Newcastle:
- any rules or requirements set out in the Access Induction
- if required, obtain a permit in accordance with the procedure outlined in the information available on the Crane Loading page.
- if required, obtain a permit for mobile crane usage.
Licensees should monitor this section of our website for any changes or variations to the Operating Procedures, or any new Operating Procedure.
If you have any questions, please contact Port of Newcastle’s Commercial team.
Phone: +61 2 4908 8200 Email: email@example.com