Community Sponsorship Program
Port of Newcastle is pleased to continue its Your Port, Our Community sponsorship program in 2022.
Port of Newcastle may offer sponsorship to an individual, group, commercial entity or a not-for-profit organisation provided the sponsorship aligns with the priorities of the program and the proposal meets the relevant selection criteria.
We are looking to support projects and initiatives that align with our corporate social responsibility values, raise Port of Newcastle’s profile and strengthen its reputation and relationships with key stakeholders.
The project or initiative must help to raise Port of Newcastle’s profile and strengthen its reputation and relationships with key stakeholders.
Applications for 2022 have now closed.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
- Projects and initiatives that deliver benefits to communities located within or adjacent to port land;
- Local student engagement around STEM-related career pathways;
- Build capacity, support education pathways and make a meaningful contribution to the sustainability and well-being of Aboriginal communities in the Hunter Valley;
- Activities that directly engage the community with the harbour and port operations;
- Empowerment of women, especially in industry, STEM and leadership roles.
- The project or initiative must provide environmental benefits to the Port and Greater Newcastle area, but may also achieve broader positive impacts.
- Priority is given to projects that:
- deliver measurable environmental benefits to the Port environs and adjacent surroundings;
- inspires community engagement and environmental stewardship of the port surroundings.
Guidelines for applicants
- Groups and organisations seeking sponsorship must apply through the Community Sponsorship Program
- Sponsorship will be divided within the total pool of $90,000 at Port of Newcastle’s discretion
- Applications must demonstrate how funds will be used, should that be through the purchase of item/s or for a community activity
- Applications may include requests for in-kind support
How is sponsorship decided?
All eligible sponsorship applications will be assessed by a panel according to the criteria of each category. To give your application the best chance of securing sponsorship support, ensure you demonstrate how you meet each criterion. Where appropriate, a quote should be included with your application.