Working With Us
Working With Us
Port of Newcastle is integral to the prosperity of our region and state. It enables businesses to successfully compete in international markets and generates investment into our local communities. This contribution has been valued at $1.6 billion and 9,000 local jobs each year within the Lower Hunter.
Behind every ship movement, every tonne of cargo, are the people that keep the port operating. Our people are the engine room of our Port. As custodians of our region’s critical asset, we are striving every day to create a safe, sustainable and environmentally and socially responsible Port for the future.
How to apply
Here’s what you can expect from our application process.
- Complete your application online prior to the closing date.
- You will receive an automated email acknowledging that your email has been received.
- Applications will be reviewed in line with selection criteria for the role and shortlisted.
- You may receive a phone call to discuss your applications.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
- All applicants will be notified if they have been successful or not.
Get to know our community
We recognise that our staff are part of the community in which we operate. That’s why we are strong advocates for ‘giving back’ to local causes or rolling up our sleeves to support environmental projects around the Port.
Expand your skill-set
Working for Port of Newcastle, the breadth and scale of our business and operations presents a diverse range of opportunities to apply your professional expertise.
We believe in developing our people, nurturing their talent and in investing in our teams to build their skill-sets and add new capabilities.
Live work and play by the harbour
The Newcastle lifestyle is unrivalled, with a vibrant café and dining scene, Australia’s best beaches and the conveniences of a metropolitan hub.
In 2019, Port of Newcastle moved its headquarters to a new custom-built office facility overlooking the harbour and close to cafes, shops and the beach.