Community Sponsorship Program
Community Sponsorship Program
Port of Newcastle is pleased to invite applications for its Your Port, Our Community sponsorship program in 2021.
Port of Newcastle may offer sponsorship to an individual, group, commercial entity or a not-for-profit organisation provided the sponsorship aligns with the priorities of the program and the proposal meets the relevant selection criteria.
We are looking to support projects and initiatives that align with our corporate social responsibility values, raise Port of Newcastle’s profile and strengthen its reputation and relationships with key stakeholders.
The project or initiative must help to raise Port of Newcastle’s profile and strengthen its reputation and relationships with key stakeholders.
Applications are now closed.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Your Port, Our Community Sponsorship Program aims to support local sustainability initiatives that provide social, economic or environmental benefits.
Administered once a year, Port of Newcastle is offering sponsorships worth up to $6,000. Port of Newcastle, at its discretion, may offer a sponsorship arrangement of greater value.
- Projects and initiatives that deliver benefits to communities located within or adjacent to port land;
- Local student engagement around STEM-related career pathways;
- Build capacity, support education pathways and make a meaningful contribution to the sustainability and well-being of Aboriginal communities in the Hunter Valley;
- Activities that directly engage the community with the harbour and port operations;
- Empowerment of women, especially in industry, STEM and leadership roles.
- The project or initiative must provide environmental benefits to the Port and Greater Newcastle area, but may also achieve broader positive impacts.
- Priority is given to projects that:
- deliver measurable environmental benefits to the Port environs and adjacent surroundings;
- inspires community engagement and environmental stewardship of the port surroundings.
- Groups and organisations seeking sponsorship must apply through the Community Sponsorship Program by 5pm Wednesday 7 July.
- Sponsorship worth up to $6,000 is available per group
- Applications must demonstrate how funds will be used on activities to be carried out in 2021
- Applications may include requests for in-kind support
Port of Newcastle will not support projects where:
- The audience is not specific
- It does not align with the Sponsorship Program priorities
- Does not provide benefit to Port of Newcastle or its community
- May have a negative impact on Port of Newcastle’s reputation
- The sponsorship fee is unreasonable
- It is better suited to the Newcastle Port Community Contribution Fund
- The project is dangerous, immoral or is political in nature
If Port of Newcastle chooses to partner with you as a funding or in-kind sponsor, you will be required to enter into a Sponsorship Agreement, which will be tailored to suit your initiative and outline your obligations in more detail.
Some of the standardised obligations will require you to:
- Enter into a Sponsorship Agreement
- Provide a tax invoice for sponsorship funds to be paid
- Use the funds on activities to be conducted by 31 December 2021
- Report on the completion of the project using a template to be provided by Port of Newcastle
- Acknowledge Port of Newcastle’s support publicly (and as outlined in your Sponsorship Agreement)
- Assume all commercial responsibilities including public risk and/or any other appropriate insurance protection
All eligible sponsorship applications will be assessed by a panel according to the criteria of each category. To give your application the best chance of securing sponsorship support, ensure you demonstrate how you meet each criterion.