Carrington commercial development
New office development for Carrington
Working towards growing and diversifying the Hunter Region’s economy
For a virtual tour of the proposed development, click on the Information icons in the interactive map below:
At a glance
- $30-$35 million investment for Newcastle
- Space for a new local café
- 5 Star Green Building Council of Australia rating
- Commercial office building development
- Opportunity for new or existing businesses to locate in a portside commercial precinct
- One part of the Port’s broader plans to grow and diversify the Hunter Region’ economy
Port of Newcastle plans to construct a commercial office building on vacant land within the existing commercial precinct at 46 Fitzroy Street, Carrington.
It will incorporate:
- space for a new local café
- an office building facing Fitzroy Street
- carpark facing Denison Street.
A development application for the commercial premises has been lodged with NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
The $30-$35 million port investment represents one of several initiatives Port of Newcastle is undertaking to diversify and grow the Hunter Region’s economy.
Port of Newcastle is well-placed to help stimulate the local economy and is exploring port-related developments and new trade opportunities. Realising these opportunities will boost the post-COVID-19 economic recovery, create new local jobs and secure the region’s long-term future.
The port has incredible potential and it is Port of Newcastle’s responsibility to help realise it in a safe and sustainable way for the benefit of current and future generations.