Our Shareholders, The Infrastructure Fund and China Merchants Port Holdings Company (CMPort), each own 50% and have a strong, global track record in managing large infrastructure assets.
The Infrastructure Fund
- The Infrastructure Fund (TIF) is a 50% shareholder of Port of Newcastle. TIF’s stake is held on behalf of TIF investors. TIF is one of Australia’s top performing infrastructure funds with a portfolio of Australian and overseas assets worth more than $2.4 billion. TIF investors include industry superannuation funds representing more than 2 million members, as well as other institutional investors.
- Gardior is the trustee of TIF. As trustee, Gardior prides itself on the ability to add value through structuring an ultimate alignment of interest for investors.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) is TIF’s investment manager. MIRA is the world’s No.1 infrastructure manager*.
* Based on AUM. Willis Towers Watson Global Alternatives Survey 2017 (published July 2017)
China Merchants Port Holdings Company (CMPort)
- CMP a 50% shareholder of our business. CMP was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1992.
- CMP is a global leading port developer, investor and operator, with a comprehensive ports network at the hub locations along coastal China, as well as Asia, Africa, America, Europe, Mediterranean Sea, as well as Oceania.
- CMP’s strategic vision is “to be a world’s leading comprehensive port service provider”. Through implementation of domestic, overseas and innovation strategies, CMP strives to achieve world-class level on various fronts, including global container throughput, market share, comprehensive port development, operation and management capabilities, asset utilisation, labour productivity and brand name.