Our vision is to maintain Newcastle’s position as one of the leading and most efficient global scale ports and facilitate the continued growth and development of existing and new trades in a sustainable manner.
Our mission is to promote and support the prosperity of the Hunter Region and New South Wales in a sustainable manner.
- Provide efficient port infrastructure to facilitate regional, state and national economic growth.
- Maintain a safe and rewarding workplace for all employees.
- Promote and facilitate improvements to supply chain performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver the benefits of trade growth, including with surrounding communities.
- Manage environmental impacts of port operations and development.
- Deliver effective commercial outcomes for customers.
- Undertake sustainable investment and deliver commercial returns for shareholders.
Our values are safety, teamwork, initiative, performance, customer service and delivering on our promises.
Port of Newcastle works closely with the Port Authority of New South Wales, a state owned corporation with responsibility for Sydney Harbour, Port Botany, Port Kembla and the ports of Newcastle, Yamba and Eden. The primary role of the Port Authority of NSW includes safety of navigation and shipping movements, pilotage, port security, emergency response and management of dangerous goods.
Click here to read Port of Newcastle's Code of Conduct