As Australia's leading bulk port, the Port of Newcastle has been handling an extensive variety of bulk cargoes for more than 200 years.
We handle millions of tonnes of all kinds of bulk cargoes every year from the Newcastle Bulk Terminal at Walsh Point.
The Kooragang 2 and 3 berths are common user, enabling cargo owners to take their pick from a selection of service providers for the handling, movement and storage of bulk commodities.
Port of Newcastle is investing $33 million to increase capacity and grow trade at the Newcastle Bulk Terminal. State-of-the-art crane and conveyor infrastructure is being introduced which will increase efficiency and incorporate the latest in safety and environmental features.
- Pet coke
- Edible oils
- Port of Newcastle manages vessel scheduling
- 24/7 to optimise channel and berth efficiency.
- The Port is accessible 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Excellent berth options and channel availability.
- Connected to an uncongested ARTC rail network designed for large trade volumes.
- Convenient heavy vehicle transit to Sydney,
- Brisbane and major NSW rural centres.
- Land available for development.