Newcastle is a vibrant port city at the gateway to the Hunter Valley.
Cruise Hunter, a division of the Port of Newcastle, helps with every facet of a cruise ship visit - from pre-planning, port and shore operations, to tourism liaison. Passengers can also look forward to a friendly wave from locals along the Newcastle Foreshore during cruise ship visits.
Services provided by Cruise Hunter include:
- Festive welcome celebration.
- Visitor Information Booth at berth.
- Friendly meet and greet and volunteer service at berth and at popular inner city locations.
- Experienced tour guides.
- On-site taxi co-ordinator.
- Inner city shuttle service from wharf to retail, eating and beach precincts.
- The port's existing infrastructure and facilities are ideal for cruise ships. Visiting cruise ships generally berth at the Channel Berth, Carrington - a short distance from the city centre with efficient transport connections.