Our Shareholders, The Infrastructure Fund and China Merchants Group, each own 50% and have a strong, global track record in managing large infrastructure assets.
The Infrastructure Fund
Port of Newcastle is part-owned by The Infrastructure Fund (TIF). Gardioris the trustee and manager of TIF's stake in Port of Newcastle. TIF's stake is held on behalf of TIF investors.
The Infrastructure Fund (TIF) is one of Australia's top performing infrastructure funds with a portfolio of Australian and overseas assets worth more than $2.4 billion. TIF investors include industry superannuation funds representing more than 2 million members, as well as other institutional investors.
Gardior is a leading Australian infrastructure investment firm that prides itself on the ability to add value through structuring an ultimate alignment of interest for investors. The Gardior Board of Directors comprises representatives from TIF's investor base.
China Merchants Group
Founded in 1872, China Merchants Group operates in three core business sectors:
- Transportation and infrastructure (seaports, toll roads, energy transportation and logistics)
- Financial investment and management
- Property development and management
China Merchants Group's headquarters is located in Hong Kong and its business activities span the world. China Merchants Group has operated in Australia for more than 20 years.
- LOSCAM which provides returnable packaging solutions and equipment used to store and move products through supply chains. LOSCAM's headquarters is in Melbourne, with offices and depots across Australia, including Wickham (Newcastle).
- Oriental Merchant which is the leading Asian food supplier to Australian supermarkets including Coles, Woolworths and IGA. Orient Merchant also services 95% of Asian grocery retailers in Australia.
Global assets under management in 2016 was $1,000 billion across 18 countries, including 35 seaport and seaport-related investments.